Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday soup....well not quite

I'm going to post a recipe today but it's not for soup this week. the weather has been so spring-like that I haven't really been in the mood for soup.
I'm trying so hard to stay positive and motivated this week. I finally got a 2 mile workout done today. It felt good and I hope I can do it more this week.
I got quite a bit done considering I only have one day off this week. The daylight savings time threw me way off and I ended up sleeping way too late. So far today...
3 loads of laundry
cleaned the kitchen
got 5 packages ready to mail
worked out
made Breakfast Cookies (recipe below)

I feel pretty good about that.

Big Breakfast Cookies (3 points each)

2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins, seedless
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 teaspoons baking powder
8 packets sugar substitute
3 teaspoons vanilla extract

Mix together. Spoon 8 big cookies on toa baking shet sprayed with Pam. (I used parchment paper instead of Pam) Spinkle with additional cinnamon if desired. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Per serving
187 calories
2 g fat
5 g protein
39 g carbohydrates
4 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
187 mg sodium

These smell wonderful while they are baking and they look yummy now that I have them out of the oven. I'll let you know how they taste tomorrow.

No comments: