Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Soup

I think I need to come up with a new name for my Sunday recipes since I am not doing soups anymore for a while. Sunday Soire'? Any ideas? Also, if there is any recipe you would like, let me know and I can look for it if I don't already have it.

here's today's recipe. I made these these one night this week for dinner and I loved them!

Oven Fried Chicken Tenders
See notes following recipe for some tips!

15-20 oz chicken tenderloin
1/4 cup corn flake crumbs
1/4 cup panko crumbs
1/2 cup egg substitute
onion powder
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 375.
Place egg substitute in shallow container. Mix together crumbs and seasonings. Place half of the crumb mixture into another shallow container.
Dip, one at a time, each chicken tender into the egg and and let excess drip off. Place it into the crumb mixture to coat. Place chicken tenders onto a baking sheet which has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.

Serving: 3 tenders= 4 points

NOTES:
Panko Crumbs
When I found this recipe, I had never heard of panko crumbs. These are Japanese bread crumbs and make the coating crispy. You will not achieve the crunchy texture using regular bread crumbs.
Seasonings
The recipe calls for onion powder. You may season the crumbs any way you wish. I used onion powder and Cajun seasoning and it was great. Next time, I'm going to try some garlic powder and herb seasoning.
Storage:
These can be made ahead and frozen until you are ready to cook them. I only cooked 3 of them and froze the rest for later use. I love having easy meals in the freezer. If you bake them frozen, adjust your cooking time to 20-25 minutes. I froze mine on a cookie sheet before placing individual servings into freezer bags.

I hope you enjoy this recipe.

1 comment:

Maggie Lamarre said...

That sound yummy :)
Thank you for being a follower at the cuttelbugchallenge.blogspot.com :)
Maggie