Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's Spring!!!!

YAY!!! I love spring. I love seeing the buds emerging from their winter sleep and the dafodils in bloom. today, after I got off work, I spend a little while outside picking up little branches that had fallen from the trees over the winter. I put up my spring wreath and changed out the flowers arrangement in my vintage watering can by the front door. I hung out the spring time flag on the pole and swept off the screened porch. I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot more time out there soon! I am SO ready to get out in the garden and get my hands dirty. I want to just go out there and start raking off all of last years dead growth. But we could still get a freeze here so I have to be patient. I saw tomatoe plants out at K-Mart today. There's no way I would buy tomato plants this early!
I also stopped by Michael's and Hobby Lobby today...oh and Target too! At M's, I used another 50% off coupon and got the MS doily lace border punch for 7.50. I also picked up three cute little galvenized buckets from the dollar aisle. I think I am going to hang them on my pegboard to put tools in. I have a desktop caddy right now. But I am trying to make more table space.
At HL, I used a 40% off coupon and bought a Cropper Hopper paper holder. I've decided to try this method of storing all of my paper because what I am doing now just isn't working really well for me. I have TONS of paper and I can't find what I am looking for most of the time. I might try sorting it by brand this time and see how it goes. anyway, I am going to get another CH every time there is a 40% off coupon (if I have the money).
At Target, all I picked up was a few Easter goodies to put in my grandchildren's Easter buckets that I am putting together for them.
Then I headed over to Kohl's and bought a very badly needed pair of new sneakers for work. My feet have been screaming at me by the end of the day. But OMG....they cost me $60!!!!!
I didn't make it to the grocery store today which means I'm going to have to go tomorrow. although I may try to squeak by until Monday after work. I hate going anywhere on sundays. It's my 'stay home in my jammies all day" day. LOL!
Let's see...what have i forgotten. Oh....I lost .8 lbs this week (that's POINT 8, not 8 pounds). Not as much as I hoping for but still a loss. I'm being very strict with myself this week and writing down EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth whether it's good or bad. I've GOT to get moving in the right direction with this WW thing. I bought a journal from the dollar bins at M's last week and I carry it with me everywhere and write down what I eat and drink. I hate the little teeny tiny journal that WW gives me so I use this pretty one now. :)
I'll be back tomorrow to post a recipe for some YUMMY chicken tenders.
So that's all that's happening with me. What about you?

1 comment:

Lal said...

We've had nice weather here for the past few days....60's in the evening and mid 80's for the highs. But it's been a bit overcast and gloomy and today we got a tiny bit of rain. I miss going outside. Here at my mom's, we need to do alot to the yard and the backyard has no privacy and is right by a very busy street...don't like going out there if I don't have to. I just LOVED the yard at our old house and so did the kids....oh well! I gave up scrap shopping for Lent so I have not bought one scrappy thing! I am keeping a list of stuff I want to get when I CAN shop, but upon reviewing it today, I ended up scratching off lots of things I didn't really want anymore. I guess it's good for not impulse buying. Maybe I'll keep that going from now on. Maybe only allow myself one shopping spree a month, give myself a dollar amount and then I'll be pickier about what I buy. I use those CH things for my pp storage and I like it better than having them in the milk crate like before. It was so STUFFED, I couldn't even "file" through it and alot of papers were going unnoticed. The way I have them now works alot better for me. LOL I laughed out loud when you pointed out that you lost POINT EIGHT POUNDS and not eight! LOL This week is my second week on the exercise bike and my ankle is hurting less and less although it still looks bad. And even though it's only been a bit over a week of exercising and drinking TONS of water...I FEEL the difference! I don't feel so "fat"..lol..in my stomache area. I think the less impact of the bike is perfect for my ankle because just last week I tried running on it and OUCH...I was hurting that night :( Well, keep up the good work with WW and I'll TTYL :)