Monday, March 30, 2009

Stand by for a VENT!!!

So........
I have recently gotten back into participating in a few swaps in sb.com. One of the things I did was the $1-$3 RAK. the person who was supposed to grant my RAK flaked and has never been seen again. But the hostess (I think) of the RAK thread stepped up to grant me a RAK. Now keep in mind, I had granted HER a RAK and sent her some really nice stuff! Today, I received the RAK from her.
First, here is my wishlist, copied and pasted from the thread.
My wishes....

blank cards and envelopes-matching in any colors
any scraps from BG Bittersweet
cats eye ink- any colors
pop dots
tacky tape
binder rings
mini brads- pastels or brights
punchies- brackets, flourishes, scalloped squares
bling!-rhinestones
Tombow Mono Adhesive -green and white bottle
alcohol ink-any color-partial bottles are fine
grosgrain ribbon-no wider than 1/2"-any colors, at least one yard lengths
large diecuts-butterflies, scalloped shapes, topnotes (SU!)

This is what I received today from her.




Now, I ask you, does this resemble anything that is on my wishlist? What am I supposed to do with this? Sort it?? I think not! To say that I am disappointed doesn't even scratch the surface. Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong.

But on another note, I received another package today and it is yummy!!!! I ordered the deal of the day from a bargain website. I got a MME journaling card bundle for 4.99. It has more than 100 pieces in it! I haven't even looked through them yet but I am more than pleased with it.

I went out to the lake tonight with my best friend, robin and we walked 3 1/2 miles. We're gonna do it again on Wednesday if the weather holds out. it was pretty nice today but really windy.

That's it for now.

ETA: After re-reading this post, I see that I did have mini brads downs on my list. But still...what I got looks like crap gathered from the bottom of a junk drawer and I'm still unhappy about it.
And this is my blog and I can be pissed if I want to! :p

4 comments:

shopgirlaudi said...

Awww...so sad for you, Daph. That's why I stopped doing RAKs on sb.com too. I got stiffed on a $3-$5 last. That is unfortunately the RAK that I am in charge of:( So I got nothing. Live and learn...sigh...

I'd LOVE to see a pic of the MME jouranlings. Did you find that cow stamp at M's. I was there today, but there were two different ones. Which one were you looking for???

daphne said...

I went back and looked and they have NONE of the barnyard stamps or fairies stamps. NO cupcake ones either. But I did find the cow stamp on ebay and I got it for .99 plus shipping. So I'm happy.

I've been watching the $3-$5 RAK but haven't been able to jump in on it because everything is so 'brand specific'. Everyone wants brand new to the market stuff and most people don't want to give up their new goodies.

Melody said...

I hear you on the RAK thing. That's why I quit playing too. It's sad...it could be way fun!!

I hope you're having a good week. I still come here to check on you!!

Lal said...

Aw, yeah, I can see how you'd be disappointed. That "does" look like stuff someone just had laying around...maybe even something that might have been RAKd and didn't want. And while it does have mini brads and those were on your list, still, it doesn't look like much thought went into putting that together. I hate RAKing on sb.com. That is why I stopped a LONG time ago. I will trade stuff I don't want anymore, but I will ask for SPECIFIC stuff. Sorry you had to get short changed like that.