Sunday, January 18, 2009

Soup of the Week!

I think I'm going to post a new soup recipe here each week. I don't know why. I just am. here's the first one. It's one of my favorites and of course, it's a WW recipe.

Hamburger Vegetable Soup (crock pot)

1 lb lean ground beef
1 medium onion
2 garlic cloves
4 c V-8 juice
1 can 14 1/2 oz) stewed tomatoes
2 c shredded cabbage
2 c frozen corn
2 c frozen green beans
2 T Worcestershire Sauce
1 t dried basil
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
Cook beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned.
In a slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in beef mixture.
Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.

WW points: 3 points per cup
Optional-Add: No Yolks egg noodles; count points.

I have been asked for this recipe time after time by non WW people. One of my friends called it "The Bomb" soup! It also freezes extremely well. So when I make it, I divide it into containers and pop them in the freezer for easy lunches for work.

Next week's recipe: Ham and Potato Soup

No comments: