Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday soup!

This is for you Melody. I think you are the only one who reads my blog, LOL!! Today's recipe is another one of my old reliable stand bys.

Weight Watchers Taco Soup

1¼ hours | 15 min prep

SERVES 10

* 1 lb ground turkey or lean ground beef
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
* 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
* 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
* 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans (hot or regular)
* 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
* 1 (8 ounce) can diced Mexican-style tomatoes
* 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes (any flavor)

1. Brown meat and onions and drain.
2. Mix ranch dressing and taco seasoning into meat.
3. Without draining, add all of the other ingredients.
4. Simmer 1 hour.
5. One cup equals 4 point or about 200 calories.

Experiment with your "Hotness". VERY Hot would be to use Rotel and Hot Chili Beans.
This is very filling. When I want a quick snack I heat up 1/2 cup for only 2 points. This freezes very well.


This is wonderful on a cold day!

On to other news....

WW is still kicking my butt. I gained 2 pounds last week. I'm surprised it wasn't more really. I feel fat. I'm not off to all that great of start for this week but I'm not giving up either. I don't know why I can't get my shit together.

I've been making things for Valentine's Day. Even though V-Day is probably my least favortie holiday. I've never liked it. But I went to my LSS and did a really cute make and take card for my two grandchildren. I should have taken a pic first but I didn't and the box is already packed and sealed to take to the post office tomorrow.

I'm making bookmarks for a swap on SB.com. I do have a pic of those. But alas, Blogger won't let my upload right now. Figures.....

Oh well, if you are interested, they are in my gallery over there at SB.com.






1 comment:

Melody said...

Hi Daphne!!
That soup sounds good!! I may try it!! I got the stuff to try the fist one you posted. I can't wait to make it.
Don't worry about WW!! You will do great tomorrow!! Each day is new day!! If you mess up today you always have tomorrow to start over!! You'll be back in the groove before you know it!! (((HUGS))