Thursday, November 29, 2007

So I survived....

I managed to survive the entire trip to Michigan with my mother as my constant companion. The only rough moments were the day we were leaving to come home. that's when I realized how much CRAP my mom had bought. And while I was out in freezing weather trying to figure out how to get everything packed into the car, she sat innocently at the dining room table in the heat! I was so frustrated that I stood in the garage crying while I re-sacked squirrel corn. Yes, CORN!! 100 pounds of it to be exact. But I survived....

Other than that, I had a wonderful time spending time with my son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren. Alexa and Luke seemed to take right to Mom and didn't pay much attention to me. But I'm glad they enjoyed getting reacquainted with Mom and are old enough to retain some memory of her. I wish Merle could have gone up with us. He is a kid magnet! I'll have the kids all to myself in a few weeks when I fly back up for Christmas.


Today was my first official weigh in at WW. I can proudly say that I lost 6.8 lbs during the Thanksgiving holiday! I feel really good about that. I have such a long way to go but I'm off to a good start.

1 comment:

shopgirlaudi said...

Wow!!! Congrats on the weight loss...and all during Thanksgiving. That is AWESOME!!! I put on about that much during that week:( I'm still trying to get it off. It hasn't been easy with Christmas coming up now and the temptation of all the goodies:( I just really need to get motivated again.