Sunday, November 11, 2007

The countdown is on!!!!

In five days, I will be leaving to spend Thanksgiving week in Michigan with my son and his family. It's a much needed break form my recent months of stress. My mom is going with me this time. It's been 4 years since she has seen my grandson, Luke and almost as long since she has seen Alexa. I'm hoping that the trip goes well.

Now, I love my mother....don't get me wrong. But I have seen sides of her that others on the outside have not. She is a generous, funny, caring lady......most of the time. She can grate on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard. But for the most part, I am looking forward to having a little mother/daughter time with my mom. And I know that my son and daughter-in-law are looking forward to seeing her again. I'm sure everything will go fine. (crossing fingers)

So I guess Weight Watchers is starting a week earlier than I thought. I was under the impression that I would be able to enjoy Thanksgiving without having to worry about counting points. I was wrong. But I have decided that I can do this. I'm not going to count points but I do plan to snack 'healthily'.

I will be posting here weekly with my progress and possibly some pictures as I continue my journey. I may even post a recipe or two along the way! So come back often!

Oh....I have chosen an inspiration for myself. It is a black lacy tank top that I once fit into and looked damn good, if I must say so myself! I'll post a photo of it later.

No comments: